Monday, April 29, 2024

Palette Knife Purple Iris Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley

        

"Gardening Joy II" ©2024 Niki Gulley
20" x 10" Textured Mixed Media on Canvas

My irises this year were incredibly beautiful and prolific. They brought so much joy to my day, that I felt compelled to capture that on canvas. Painting the flowers life-size and adding layers and layers of paint to build up dimension, these cheerful blooms come to life and are loaded with spring energy. To add to that sense of brightness, I painted them against a highly textured white background and arranged them vertically to also add to that uplifting mood. 

***

To see more of my contemporary textured paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on my large floral paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

No comments:

Post a Comment