Friday, March 31, 2023

"Sunny Movement" New Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley

 

"Sunny Movement" ©2023 Niki Gulley
24" x 12" textured mixed media painting on canvas

This winter has been so grey and cold that I had to buy a bouquet of sunflowers to cheer myself up. Not only did they do the trick, but I was also inspired to paint their infectious beauty. To lift your spirits, too, I arranged the blooms vertically in my composition and repeated the circular shapes in the foreground and background to create a sense of joyful energy and movement. I hope you can hear a beautiful symphony playing while sunflowers dance to the melodic tune.

These vibrant sunflowers can also be hung horizontally.


E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on this piece or more of my palette knife floral paintings.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/


No comments:

Post a Comment