Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley Paints New Sunflower Series


"Sunny Setting" ©2026 Niki Gulley
24" x 12" textured acrylic painting on canvas 

The past few weeks have been absolutely gorgeous for painting outside and revel in the cool mountain air. Our flowers on the deck are so colorful and uplifting that I had to share that joy with you. Unfortunately, my green thumb skills need a little work as my sunflower seeds have not sprouted. But, fortunately I have a vivid imagination and can paint them exactly as I wished they’d bloomed.


There is one thing I did leave out of the scene, though. As I was nearing the end of the painting, I had an unexpected visitor in our yard. Thank goodness I was on the upper deck, but still, this large papa bear was only about 20 feet away – yikes! The hazards of plein-air painting.


Despite a moment of heart failure there, I'm so happy with how these cheerful flowers turned out. May they bring some much needed happiness and sunshine to your day!

To see a video of the finished painting, the inspiration behind it and a close up on the texture detail, check out. https://www.instagram.com/p/DaDj94ZCYuv/.

•••

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on my sunflower and wildflower fields paintings.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

 https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/


No comments:

Post a Comment