Monday, August 7, 2023

New Lavender Field Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

   

"Radiating Aromas II" ©2023 Niki Gulley
20" x 10" textured acrylic painting on canvas by Niki Gulley

I painted "Radiating Aromas II" on location while my husband and I were visiting Provence, searching for the perfect lavender field to capture on film and canvas. I loved how these beautiful rows led to the stone farm house with its terra cotta roof in the distance, so typical of the French countryside. The sky was a little hazy that morning, but I thought this was the perfect setting to channel my inner Van Gogh and have some fun with my strokes around the sun. After all, I was near the area that inspired Starry Night! Repeating those circular patterns in the tree line and emphasizing the curve of the purple plantings, help tie background and foreground together to create a harmony and uplifting feeling to the finished painting.

Please check out my website at NikiGulley.com, NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary impressionist palette knife paintings.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on her textured lavender paintings.

***

https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

No comments:

Post a Comment