Friday, February 12, 2016

New Palette Knife Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

18" x 12" textured oil painting • Grapevine, TX ©2016 Niki Gulley

I painted these water tanks and grain mill in the distance recently in Grapevine, TX on a bright, crisp winter morning. I loved the colorful rust contrasting against the blue-grays of the metal containers, and I worked with thick layers of oil paint and my palette knife to capture that texture. The whole scene had an industrial feel to it, so I chose to include the telephone pole and wires in the foreground to set that feel and also lead you into the scene. Adding a touch of whimsy to an otherwise hardened scene, I like the play of recent man made touches juxtaposed against 19th and 20th century modern technology.

If you'd like more information or a brochure on one of our upcoming Plein Air Painting and Photography Workshops, please let me know. This year's upcoming Art Trek to Spain is full, but we are taking reservations for the following year to Tuscany, England and Ireland. 

For more details, e-mail Niki@NikiGulley.com or go to nikigulley.com/artreks.

For more information on my textured contemporary landscape paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at: nikigulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment