Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New "Rolling Shadows," Tuscany Palette Knife Oil Painting by Niki Gulley

"Rolling Shadows," Tuscany ©2019 Niki Gulley 
9" x 12" textured oil painting

Before my husband and I led our Tuscany Foodie Trek, we spent a couple of days capturing the gorgeous scenery on film and on canvas. I've always been attracted to this lone clump of cypress trees and on this day the clouds in the sky were so fascinating. Soft and voluminous and acting as the perfect backdrop behind the cypress grove, I had to capture it before they disappeared. I decided to have fun with the colors and strokes to add to the excitement and drama of the moment.

***

If you're interested in joining us on one of our upcoming Art Treks or Foodie Treks to Iceland or Tuscany, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!

Iceland - Aug. 2020
Foodie Trek - Tuscany - Oct. 2020
Paris - May 2021
Portugal - Sept. 2021

For more information on upcoming Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

****


To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

No comments:

Post a Comment