Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Painting Ireland's Dingle Peninsula with Niki Gulley

7" x 5" oil painting by Niki Gulley

After teaching our Ireland Art Trek, my husband and I stayed a couple of extra days on the Dingle Peninsula on the west coast of Ireland. That day I chose to pull in tight on my composition of these jagged rocks and the waves crashing against them. Having fun creating the uneven textures with the palette knife, I hope you can feel the sound of the water rises and falling as it rushes against the cliffs.

***

If you're interested in joining us on one of upcoming Art Treks, please let us know. Spaces fill up quickly!


FULL - Croatia and Slovenia – May  9 – 17 (or with extended 4 days May 9 – 21 /2018
Tuscany, Italy – Sept 7-15, 2018
Cinque Terre and Lake Como, Italy – September  14 – 23 /2018   
Fall in New England – Oct. 2018


For more information on upcoming Art Treks, please visit http://www.ArtTreks.org.

***

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment