Monday, May 1, 2017

"April's Bounty" Palette Knife Oil Painting by Texas Artist Niki Gulley

"April's Bounty"  ©2016 Niki Gulley
SOLD • 24" x 36" textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

Just Sold! Inspired by a trip to the hill country, I wanted you to feel the warmth and beauty on this perfect spring day. Painted with thick oil paint and palette knives to achieve extreme texture, the resulting image comes to life and is loaded with color, movement and energy. Using thick oil paint and palette knives, I arranged the bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush diagnonally to create energy and movement, keeping your eye traveling from blossom to blossom. Choosing soft golds and violets for the background creates contrast against the foreground grasses and adds a warmth to the overall scene so that you feel the joy and serenity of being immersed in the Texas hill country.

For details on April's Bounty and more of my Texas landscape paintings, please see my new works at the Good Art Company Gallery, goodartcompany.com/gac/. I am honored to be one of their featured artists this month, and I hope you can visit with me at the artist reception tonight, March 4th.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment