Friday, October 3, 2014

"Luminescent Radiance" textured oil painting of Monet's Garden by Niki Gulley

"Luminescent Radiance" ©2014 Niki Gulley
Two 48" x 18" canvases with one 48" x 30" canvas in the middle to form a 48" x 66" triptych
Textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

I decided it would be a fun challenge to create an extremely large painting, and I wanted the final piece to be very uplifting, colorful and full of energy. Opting for warm colors and working with extremely thick paint and palette knives, I chose this lily pond reference from our visit to Monet's Gardens in Giverny, France. The grounds were breathtaking and I could actually see his paintings come to life. I was drawn to the energetic flow and yet calming serenity in this view, and I positioned the water lilies and my paint strokes in a curving pattern to add to that mood. The morning light peeking through the distant foliage added to a sense of mystery and promise that I wanted to capture in paint, and share with you that feeling of hope.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information.

Or, stop by the Cottonwood Art Festival this weekend if you are in the Dallas area to see more of my textured oil paintings.

Cottonwood Art Festival
Sat. Oct. 4 • 10am – 7pm
Sun. Oct. 5 • 10am – 5pm
Cottonwood Park (Coit & Beltline) • Richardson, TX

Visit NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment