Monday, July 15, 2013

New Textured Aspen Tree Painting by Niki Gulley

"October Blaze" ©2013 Niki Gulley
36" x 48" textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

With "October Blaze," I wanted to focus on brilliant color and simple shapes to see if I could communicate the excitement I feel when surrounded by nature. Using energetic diagonal strokes and thick, textured paint, I hope you get a sense of the motion in the leaves and the power of nature to invigorate your spirit. I just love how this piece captured that essence!

If you would like to see "October Blaze" and more of my textured oil paintings in person, please stop by my booth at the State Street Art Fair in Ann Arbor, MI this Wednesday through Saturday.

State Street Art Fair
Wed. July 17 • 10am – 9pm
Thurs. July 18 • 10am – 9pm
Fri. July 19 • 10am – 9pm
Sat. July 20 • 10am – 6pm
Ann Arbor, MI
Booth #B211 on N. University between Thayer and State St.

To see more of my contemporary landscape paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on palette knife birch and aspen tree paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.


No comments:

Post a Comment