Friday, January 11, 2013

"Road Trip" New textured oil painting by Niki Gulley


“Road Trip” ©2013 Niki Gulley
20” x 24” textured oil painting on wrap around canvas

We spend a lot of time in the car, between driving across country for art shows, exploring new places for inspiration, and traveling while teaching painting and photography workshops, so in this new series I've felt compelled to capture my views from the passenger seat. This particular painting was inspired by one of our plein air painting workshops we taught in Santa Fe. Not only do I love the various rock formations and dramatic New Mexico skies, but I relish the sense of open space after living in a city. Looking out on the expansive horizon, I get the feeling that anything is possible and a new discovery is just around the next bend. In "Road Trip" I combine this low angle of the road along with energetic diagonal strokes to give you the feeling of driving over the next hill in search for whatever your journey holds next.


For more information on my textured palette knife oil paintings, please e-mail me at Niki Gulley.

Or, please visit my website at NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment