Monday, January 14, 2013

"45 mph" Winter Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley

“45 mph” ©2013 Niki Gulley
18” x 24” textured oil painting

On one of our first trips together, my husband and I drove to Colorado to capture the fall foliage, and were greeted by one of the earliest snowfalls on record. While not the golden aspen glory we expected, the pristine white of that first dusting was beautiful. I loved this scenic overlook as we rounded the corner, and as you can see there was no shoulder to pull over on to capture the scene. So quickly grabbing my camera, I snapped away as we whizzed past. In this shot, I particularly liked a sliver of the school-bus-yellow 45mph sign contrasting against the vivid azure sky and framing the right side of the composition to lead your eye back into the breathtaking drive.

For more information on my textured palette knife oil paintings, please e-mail me at Niki Gulley.

Or, please visit my website at NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment