Friday, August 3, 2012

"Muted Hues" - Aspen Tree oil painting by Niki Gulley


"Muted Hues" ©2012 Niki Gulley
36" x 36" oil on canvas

I love painting aspen trees and I usually work with a bold color palette, but in this painting, I wanted to convey a quieter, more peaceful mood. Opting for more pastel shades, and incorporating calming blues and greens, Muted Hues reminds me of the serenity I feel while walking through the forest on a cool autumn day, being totally immersed in nature, not a care in the world. I hope you are transported, too!

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on my birch and aspen tree oil paintings.

 Or, visit www.NikiGulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape paintings.

•••

If you haven't seen it yet, check out this month's copy of visual language for more inspirational artwork http://issuu.com/cfai.co/docs/visual_language_vol_1_no__6_ll/1.

No comments:

Post a Comment