Monday, March 7, 2011

New Sunflower Painting by Niki Gulley

"Sunny Side Up" ©2011 Niki Gulley
30" x 48" oil painting

In Sunny Side Up, I wanted to paint something bright and happy that would always cause you to smile when you looked at it, and sunflowers are the perfect flower to do just that. Purposely choosing bright complimentary colors and using extremely thick oil paint, I feel the painting really leaps off the canvas and creates the feeling of joy I intended.

If you'd like to see this sunflower painting in person, visit my booth at "Artscape" held at the Dallas Arboretum next weekend (March 18-20.) See dallasarboretum.org/artscape/index.htm for more details.

Or, e-mail me at Niki Gulley if you would like more information or to purchase this painting.

To see more of my textured oil paintings, go to NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment