Monday, August 30, 2010

Plein Air Painting & Photography Workshops - Tuscany with Niki Gulley

"Poppy Passion" ©2010 Niki Gulley
18" x 36" oil painting

Our upcoming workshop that we're teaching in Tuscany makes me think about the gorgeous poppy fields blooming along the rolling Italian hills in springtime. To think that such a delicate flower can produce that powerful explosion of color when planted in mass boggles my senses. Seeing that sudden burst of intense orange or red against the azure blue sky after miles of green countryside is quite amazing. I love how complimentary colors, like blue and orange, vibrate when placed next to each other and I wanted to communicate that beauty and excitement in "Poppy Passion," while reliving some of my favorite vacation memories from Tuscany – the warmth of the people, the beauty of the rolling hills and vineyards, the delicious, savory slow-grown food and wine and enjoying the laid-back, smell-the-roses time with my loved ones.

If you like to see "Poppy Passion" in person and you're in the Chicago area, stop by my booth #89 at the Oakbrook Fine Art Invitational this weekend. Visit oakbrookcenter.com for more information or check out my website NikiGulley.com.

If you'd like to find out more about our upcoming Painting & Photography Workshops in Europe, go to nikigulley.com/?page_id=13 or e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment