Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tuscany Painting Workshop with Niki Gulley

"Crimson Waves," Tuscany ©2010 Niki Gulley
oil on canvas • 18" x 48"

Inspired by the gorgeous rolling hills and prolific poppy fields in Tuscany, I chose this location to experiment with a different technique utilizing extremely thick paint (1/4" - 1/2" in thickness) and palette knives. I was extremely pleased with the results – a three-dimensional painting that explodes with color and energy.

If you'd like to join us in Tuscany for our next Plein-air Painting / Photography Workshop this September, e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com. Space fills up quickly and we have room for only two more participants, with a final registration deadline of April 24th.

For more information, visit my website at NikiGulley.com

Also, I will be showing this painting at the Fiesta Arts Fair in San Antonio this weekend if you would like to see it in person, booth #74 at Navarro and Augusta Streets.

I look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment