Friday, February 26, 2010

Plein Air Painting Workshop


"Afternoon Impressions" by Niki Gulley
14" x 11" oil painting

I am so anxious for spring to be here, that I just had to get out of the studio yesterday and paint outdoors. Pretending that winter is actually over, it turned out to be a lovely afternoon for a few hours and I decided to set up at one of my favorite locations in Dallas, Turtle Creek.

While right now it's still too early for the azaleas to be in bloom, I really love the peacefulness of the trickling water sounds from the creek, the intertwining branches in the tree limbs above, and the dappled shadows created from the sunlight peeking though them. I only had a short time so I had to capture the scene and light quickly!

If you'd also like to paint this beautiful part of Dallas, join me March 27th when I teach my next workshop, "Conquering Cabin Fever: Expand your painting into a whole new world outside the studio," let me know. For more information, visit nikigulley.com/ng2/?page_id=13

Or e-mail me at Niki@NikiGulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment