Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Transformation


"Transformation" ©2009 by Niki Gulley
oil painting • 48" x 60"

Before I started painting my 12" x 12" canvases of birch trees, I was working on this large piece, Transformation. Rather than create an exact replica of the forest, I wanted to focus on brilliant color and simple shapes to see if I could communicate the excitement I feel when surrounded by nature. Using energetic diagonal strokes and thick, textured paint, I hope you get a sense of the motion in the leaves and the power of nature to invigorate your spirit. I just love how this piece captured that essence!

For more information on this painting and about how to see it in person at the Cottonwood Art Festival in Dallas this weekend, e-mail me at niki@nikigulley.com.

Or visit my website at nikigulley.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment